It’s been about six months or so since I last wrote a watchlist column. I suppose the fact that I regularly log the films that I see on Letterboxd makes such a column a little bit redundant. That said, it is still fun to talk about the films that I have seen. I’ve decided to play catch-up and mention all the films I’ve seen since the start of the year, which is already starting to fill up.
- The F-Word – An enjoyable and funny romantic comedy
- Enemy – I think I might need to see this one again
- Tom at the Farm – An enjoyable thriller
- Gabrielle – Didn’t get an Oscar nomination, but its still touching
- Asphalt Watches – Crazy and surreal animated film
- Rhymes for Young Ghouls – One of the highlights of Canada’s Top Ten for me
- American Hustle – Average film, good performances
- Robert Frank’s Infamous 1972 Rolling Stones Documentary – You know the title
- Shorts That Are Not Pants: January 2014 – This one had a bit of a romantic theme to it
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit – A fine enough action/thriller
- The Wolverine (rewatch) – I liked how the “Unleashed Edition” involves a snowplow
- Junkie – Not entirely my cup of tea
- Big Trouble in Little China – That Was Fun!
- Ruby Sparks – I think I’m officially a fan of Zoe Kazan