This year was the debut of the proper home for Hot Docs, in the form of the refurbished Bloor Cinema, and it was appropriately the venue where I saw the most films. However, at the same time, Hot Docs lost a cinema with the Cumberland, which suddenly announced it was closing its doors.
Now's the time I list my favourite films and moments of the festival. I will also include a slideshow of the many photos I took during the festival.
Top Five Favourite Films
- Her Master's Voice
- The Imposter
- Beauty is Embarrassing
- The Queen of Versailles
- The Job
- Herman's House
- Meeting Wayne White at Meet & Greet following screening of Beauty is Embarrassing.
- Her Master's Voice Q&A, with BOTH Nina Conti and "Monkey"
- Getting a free hot dog in the line-up for Finding Truelove
- The umpteenth time I had to watch the ultra-cheesy Documentary channel "supports me like a bra" advertisement during the pre-show reel.
- Bloor Hot Docs Cinema - 6
- Cumberland Cinema - 3
- Isabel Bader Theatre - 2
- TIFF Bell Lightbox - 1
- ROM Theatre - 1