I was browsing FirstShowing.net and I noticed an article critiquing the summer box office predictions made in the current Entertainment Weekly.
For your information here are what the predictions said:
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $355.9 million
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $310.8 million
- Hancock - $280.4 million
- Wall-E - $280.3 million
- Iron Man - $262.7 million
- The Dark Knight - $255.0 million
- Kung Fu Panda - $224.6 million
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - $176.5 million
- The Incredible Hulk - $147.2 million
- Tropic Thunder - $142.6 million
I agree with FirstShowing that The Dark Knight is more likely to be one of the top three films rather than being 6th in the Box Office. I also agree that it would probably be in direct competition with Indiana Jones for the top spot.
It will be interesting watching the Box Office tallies over the next four months to see if any of these predictions were even close.
And that's my interesting news of the week!